Senior Pharmacy Technician-Call CenterPrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
63958Fundamental Components: • High volume call center and production unit.
• Evaluates and authorizes approval of pharmacy requests received by telephone, facsimile, and/or other means using client clinical criteria. Determines appropriateness for medications. Communicates decision to physicians, physician’s office staff, medical management staff, members, and/or pharmacists.
• May perform clinical research to support request.
• Utilizes various proprietary systems to build, research, process and enter requests.
• Performs non-medical research including eligibility verification, COB, and benefits verification.
• Maintains accurate and complete documentation of required information that meets risk management, regulatory, and accreditation requirements.
• Escalates requests to Pharmacist when request requires extensive clinical review or denial.
• Promotes communication, both internally and externally, to enhance effectiveness of medication therapy management services.
• Protects the confidentiality of member information and adheres to company policies regarding confidentiality.
• May communicate with Aetna Case Managers and Health Plan staff.
• Process requests in compliance with various laws and CMS regulations and company policies and procedures.
• Sedentary work involving significant periods of sitting, talking, hearing, and keying.
• Work requires visual acuity to perform close inspection of written and computer-generated documents as well as dual PC monitors. Background Experience: • Experience in retail, hospital, facility or call center is preferred.
• Proficiency in computerized pharmacy systems and software applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Windows-based software applications.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• National Pharmacy Technician certification and Arizona State License, current and in good standing, are required. Functional Skills: Clinical / Medical - Precertification, Customer Service - Customer Service - Pharmacy Technology Experience: Computer Operation - System and Console Operations Education: Pharmacy - Pharmacy Technician Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.