Senior Pharmacy Technician-Call CenterPrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
- Evaluates and authorizes approval of prior authorization pharmacy requests from prescribers received by telephone and/or facsimile using client clinical criteria.
- Determines appropriateness for medications.
- Communicates decision to physicians, physician’s office staff, medical management staff, and/or pharmacists.
- Communicates selected prior authorization criteria, pharmacy benefit coverage, and formulary alternatives to physicians, physician’s office staff, medical management staff, and/or pharmacists.
- Researches, resolves, and documents prior authorization outcomes in the pharmacy system.
- Escalates requests to Pharmacist when request requires extensive clinical review or denial.
- Researches, resolves, and documents physician or client inquiries and grievances.
- Provides verbal or written results to client, prescriber, provider, and/or management.
- Monitors telephone system to ensure adequate staffing to maintain client service levels.
- Assesses training needs within the team.
- Serves as a training resource, mentor, and coach to others, particularly new hires. Identifies and shares best practices.
- Demonstrates, advocates, and reinforces a positive team environment, professionalism, and the need to present a positive image of the company when interacting with customers. Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Windows-based software applications.
- 2 years’ experience in retail, hospital, or facility pharmacy required.
- Ability to follow clinical criteria and instructions
- Proficiency in computerized pharmacy systems and software applications required.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification or License.High School Diploma or equivalent.
|Supports comprehensive coordination of Medicaid and/or Medicare pharmacy services including intake and processing of pharmacy authorization requests. Promotes and supports quality effectiveness of healthcare and Pharmacy Services. Evaluates, authorizes approval, and communicates decisions for pharmacy requests according to clinical guidelines.|
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.