Senior Informatics ConsultantPrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
Responsible for the successful delivery of analyses and analytic solutions to meet business needs, interacting directly with internal and external clients and colleagues. Acts as the analytic team lead for complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
65120Fundamental Components: - Performs applied statistical research and custom analysis of integrated healthcare data, interprets results, and makes recommendations based on analytic findings to business areas.
- Stays informed about industry trends, research findings and evaluation methods.
- Makes recommendations about data collection methods, metrics definition and evaluation methods.
- Presents analytic reports to clients and stakeholders.
- Defines and delivers analytical solutions in support of healthcare business initiatives that drive short and long term objectives.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners and organizations in the design and execution of analytic studies to answer business and research questions.
- Designs and conducts analyses and outcome studies using healthcare claims, pharmacy and lab data, employing appropriate research designs and statistical methods.
- Develops, validates and executes algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools that answer applied research and business questions for internal and external clients.
- Develops and participates in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on information services, capabilities and performance results.
- Turns analysis into business/customer solutions.
- Creates business applications to deliver clinical or analytic solutions to constituents.
- Develops project plans, research study designs and timelines.
- Manages personal resources and cross-functional projects and customer expectations to achieve constituent satisfaction.
- Responsible for project commitments to quality and on-time deliverables.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple projects concurrently
- Willingness to understand and probe into technical details.
- Contributes to a motivated work environment by working effectively to achieve common goals.
- Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the data.
- Conducts analyses that may be suitable for publication in journals and external presentations.
- Works independently to plan and conduct sophisticated analyses.
- Assists in team leadership and mentoring and may perform management functions in the absence of the Informatics Manager. Background Experience: - Strong leadership experience, collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong understanding of Value Based Purchasing strategies, information needs programs, processes and products.
- Strong problem solving skills and critical thinking ability.
- Strong reporting skills using Excel, Word and/or PowerPoint.
- Expert knowledge of clinical risk adjustment, multivariate analyses, epidemiology or health economics research methods.
- Advanced SQL programming abilities in data warehouse or big data analytics environment, including use of statistical analysis techniques or business intelligence application development.
- Understanding of relational databases, data systems and data warehouses.
- Knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods (SAS, SQL, OLAP, Business Objects, Crystal).
- Health care analysis, health economics, epidemiology, or health services research experience.
- Ability to communicate statistical and technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
- Able to make sound decisions and recommendations to drive business solutions.
- Demonstrated extensive and diverse knowledge of health care data, metrics, systems and standards; demonstrated subject matter expert in multiple subject areas.
- 7 or more years of health research, epidemiology or pharmaceutical industry analytic experience.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and project management skills.
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Healthcare or related discipline; or equivalent experience. Additional Job Information: Lead contributor to the Value Based Purchasing team at a large Medicaid health plan. This includes developing insightful analyses, developing insights from provider performance results, and being able to communicate those findings and results to the providers. Required Skills: Benefits Management - Maximizing Healthcare Quality, Finance - Rewarding World Class Performance, General Business - Turning Data into Information Desired Skills: General Business - Consulting for Solutions, Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Technology - Developing Competitive Technology and Architecture Functional Skills: Finance - Financial analysis, Information Management - Informatics, Information Management - Medical economics, Information Management - Query and Database Access Tools, Quality Management - Quality Management Technology Experience: Aetna Application - HEDIS, Database - SQL Server, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.