Senior Informatics AnalystPrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
65196Fundamental Components: This position is part of our OBI Reporting Fulfillment Team, however we support the company as a whole to improve the healthcare quality of our members for Mercy Care. As the Sr. Informatics Analyst, you will be expected to work with the team to identify solutions for reporting and data extracts. You will work with various customers including our executives, medical management, third party vendors, and other internal and external customers.
You should be familiar with healthcare data and the healthcare industry in general. Continuous improvement and care for our members should be your number one commitment.
It is required that you have advanced knowledge of SQL and SSRS. It is preferred that you also have some knowledge of SSIS, Visual Studio, or Power BI. Although technical experience is important, your ability to work with others, flexibility to adjusting priorities, and creativity is just as important.
Our environment is fast-paced, therefore an ability to work efficiently and accurately is required. You should be able to manage conflicting priorities and multiple projects concurrently. The position also requires:
- A willingness to understand and probe into technical details. Data extracts and regulatory reporting require a keen eye and attention to detail.
- Contributions to a motivated work environment by working effectively to achieve common goals. Being a team player is mandatory, as we all learn and help each other out on the Reporting Team.
- Creating and evaluating the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the data. Sometimes you must understand the needs of the customer and the request, as opposed to their stated want.
- Under general direction, independently execute analyses or reports to meet project needs.
- Shared learning and mentoring of other analysts. We work as a team, and help each other out. Background Experience:
- Five or more years of experience working with healthcare data and/or processes. Medicare/Medicaid experience preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills and critical thinking ability.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
- Strong reporting skills using Excel.
- Advanced SQL programming abilities.
- Strong reporting skills using SSRS or Visual Studio or similar reporting application.
- Experience in working in a data warehouse environment as well as the ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Ability to communicate statistical and technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
- Demonstrated extensive and diverse knowledge of health care data, metrics, systems and standards; demonstrated subject matter expert in multiple subject areas.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience related to healthcare, analysis, or computer science required.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.