Senior Informatics AnalystPrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
- Performs analyses of varied healthcare data to evaluate programs and product solutions using healthcare medical, pharmacy, lab, survey and utilization data.
- Designs and codes efficiently using SAS/SQL programs.
- Extracts data from multiple sources and creates integrated analytic datasets and creates reports and studies to address business and research questions.
- Develops, validates and executes algorithms and predictive models to solve business problems.
- Executes univariate and multivariate statistical analyses and interprets results in the context of the business problem or question.
- Conducts periodic updates of analytical routines and department production systems Investigates and evaluates alternative solutions to meeting business needs.
- Participates in presentations and consultations to constituents on information services, capabilities and performance results.
- Documents methods, specifications and findings clearly; contributes to writing and presentation of results, findings and conclusions.
- Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the data.
- Manages personal resources efficiently to complete assigned projects accurately and on time
- Participates in the development of project plans and timelines.
- Responsible for commitments to quality and on-time deliverables.
- Motivated and is willing to understand and probe into technical details and data irregularities.
- Contributes to a motivated work environment by working effectively to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to present information to various audiences.
- 3+ years of relevant programming or analytic experience.
- Healthcare or pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of other reporting platforms such as: Business Objects, Microsoft Access, web development technology, big data analytics, data mining, Visual Basic.
- Understanding of relational databases, data systems and data warehouses.
- Experience in statistical analysis and database management.
- Knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods (SAS, SQL, OLAP, Business Objects, Crystal).
- Deep knowledge of health care industry, policy, research design, univariate and multivariate statistical analyses, predictive modeling, case-mix and risk adjustment methods and tools.
- Experience in working in a data warehouse environment as well as the ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Strong knowledge of health care claims, products, and systems.
- Solid Understanding of complex databases and UNIX or mainframe environments.
- Strong SQL and SAS programming skills (e.g., SAS Base, SAS STAT, SAS Macros)
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Social Science, Healthcare or related discipline.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.