Senior Informatics Analyst - EncountersPrimary Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
- This position will be responsible to analyze and document business data and processes, recommend technical solutions and create reports or other solutions as needed to support business needs.
- Daily activities will include writing SQL queries, procedures and reports on both an ad hoc and production basis for analysis of data trends or anomalies impacting business success.
- Proactively defines, identifies, develops and implements information products to support business strategic and operational planning.
- Assists in the development of and participates in the presentation to existing and prospective customers and internal business areas.
- Candidate must be SQL power user, able to review results, conduct root cause analysis, identify next steps and put them into action.
- Should have the ability to move multiple projects forward simultaneously and be responsible for the results; even when others are directly accountable for the outcome.
- Ability to establish relationships with internal and external constituents a must.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to present information to various audiences.
- 3+ years of relevant programming or analytic experience.
- Healthcare or pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of other reporting platforms such as: Business Objects, Microsoft Access, web development technology, big data analytics, data mining, Visual Basic.
- Understanding of relational databases, data systems and data warehouses.
- Experience in statistical analysis and database management.
- Knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods (SQL).
- Deep knowledge of health care industry, policy, research design, predictive modeling, case-mix and risk adjustment methods and tools.
- Experience in working in a data warehouse environment as well as the ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Strong knowledge of health care claims, products, and systems.
- Solid Understanding of complex databases and UNIX or mainframe environments.
- Strong SQL programming skills Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Social Science, Healthcare or related discipline.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.