Senior Implementation Manager - PharmacyPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix, CT-Hartford, FL-Tampa, OH-New Albany, PA-Blue Bell Apply
65726Fundamental Components: • Acts as the single point-of-contact for benefit plan implementation; Mediates and coordinates resolution of all project
deliverables and implementation related issues. (*)
• Develops and executes implementation strategy consistent with customer expectations; Ensures strategy is
administered in accordance with all performance guarantee arrangements. (*)
• Effectively manages implementation team dynamics and provides direction/coaching to fellow team members
ensuring success of the overall implementation process; Engages team members to follow-through on their
responsibilities and tasks. (*)
• Evaluates impact of customer-requested exceptions and develops reasonable alternatives to satisfy client’s needs
while minimizing impact on Aetna system’s and operations; Identifies, communicates and tracks cost sensitive items
not included as part of the standard process and highlights them for consideration in the determination of rate
adjustments or renewal activity, and to minimize expense gaps. (*)
• Collaborates on review, analysis and development of recommendations for the design of complex account and benefit
structures based on customers’ objectives and Aetna’s systems, administration and reporting requirements. (*)
• Solicits and assesses internal and external customer feedback to enhance continuous quality improvement on the
implementation process (i.e., systems, resources, tools, etc.). (*)
• Identifies gaps and recommends enhancements related to new and/or existing products, services and workflows
based on a broad view of the organization; contributes to development of new or updated implementation tools,
resources, and materials. (*)
• Provides consultative support to customers to identify administrative and operational efficiencies resulting in potential
financial savings for both Aetna and clients. (*)
• Participates in customer finalist meetings representing the capabilities of the organization’s implementation services
process; Identifies opportunities for cross sales and account rounding of additional Aetna products and services
throughout the implementation process. (*)
• Leads critical initiatives that contribute to the development of new or updated implementation tools, resources and
materials. (*) 1
• Participates in the development and introduction of new products, and identifies the potential impact to workflows and
the overall implementation process; May be responsible for defining, developing and implementing new or redesigned
process workflows in support of new products. (*)
• Furnishes essential feedback on the effect new products lend to the implementation process. (*)
• May assist with the selection of implementation staff and the development of training activities; Mentors and coaches
new/junior staff members. (*) Background Experience: • 5 years in depth knowledge of Aetna's spectrum of products, services and system capabilities.
• Project management and leadership experience.
• Experience interacting with various levels of the organziation to effectively influence others and achieve optimal results.
• Experience preparing and delivering presentations. Additional Job Information: • Strong analytical skills and innovative problem solving abilities.
• Attention to detail and accuracy while focusing on overall project deliverables.
• Negotiation and conflict resolutions skills across various levels of the organization.
• Highly organized and able to quickly prioritize multiple assignments with high quality results.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills using active listening and open ended questions to encourage others' points
of view to influence others to achieve best practices.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Exercises creativity and innovation in achieving project results.
• In depth knowledge of department functions that is sought by others. Required Skills: Sales - Knowing Customers, Service - Providing Solutions to Constituent Needs, Service - Working Across Boundaries Desired Skills: Leadership - Creating Accountability, Sales - Delivering on the Promise, Service - Handling Service Challenges Functional Skills: Products-Other - Aetna Pharmacy Products, Project Management - Project Manager Technology Experience: Aetna Application - Aetna Pharmacy Management Claim Adjudication Sys, Aetna Application - Customer Coverage Inquiry (web), Desktop Tool - Microsoft PowerPoint Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.