Customer Service Representative
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness, focusing on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. Our customer service and claim teams provide a human connection when it’s needed most and are essential to turning our member’s health ambitions, big and small, into achievements. Your role will include processing claims and helping members, doctors, and companies better understand our products and services. You will be an advocate for our member’s best health by helping them get the most from their benefits, building trust and always providing a clear path to care.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: No
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s minimum starting salary is $16/hr.
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Good listener
- Problem Solver
- Quick thinking
Paid Time Off & Disability
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Social Compact
Our commitment to improve wages and medical benefits.
Customer Service Representative Quotes
You really are invested in the member… you have to be their advocate.Damon H., Senior Health Concierge Customer Service Representative
I’m very excited about the common purpose [Advocate for our members’ best health by helping get them most from their benefits, building trust and always providing a clear path to care], in the first day of training all the leaders came in and explained it. As soon as they got done talking I knew this was the company for me.Emily E., Customer Service Representative
Senior Customer Service Representative (Second Shift)Primary Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
- Serves as a subject matter expert on Medicaid member inquiries.
- Supports call agent proficiencies through coaching and training responsibilities.
- Supports call management through the professional handling of incoming member calls as well as providing responses to escalated calls.
- Performs assigned duties associated with workflows and specific processes.
- Supports the achievement of call center performance standards and metrics.
- Manages assigned projects and special assignments, meeting deadlines and producing error-free work products.
- Maintains an excellent attendance record, including being punctual each day.
- Maintains professional behaviors at all times.
- Possesses excellent speaking and writing skills.
- Pays attention to details.
- At least three years in a high volume customer service call center environment.
- Preference for knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and/or health insurance programs.
- Preference for experience as team leader.
- Has excellent oral and written skills.
- Understanding of medical terminology helpful.
- Strong knowledge of health benefit plans, policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and production standards.
- Strong technical skills with using multiple computer systems, applications and programs.
- Excellent keyboarding skills.
- Keen problem solving skills.
- Strong skills for attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytic skills in problem solving.
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.