Sales ExecutivePrimary Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
This role is responsible for the new business sales and renewal oversight for Public and Labor business for Aetna/Banner|Aetna in Arizona. This position works with external prospects and consultants to develop the best strategy and overall proposal presentation to win new business opportunities and assist with the retention of current Public and Labor clients.
The successful candidate in this role will:
- Engage consistently with Public Sector new business prospects to deliver the Banner|Aetna value story in an effort to have an opportunity to present a formal proposal
- Develop productive consultant relationships to better understand the Arizona Public and Labor opportunity for Banner|Aetna
- Provide timely and accurate responses to requests for proposal on all Public and Labor opportunities
- Engage a cross functional internal team to develop the best proposal response and ensure the Aetna/Banner|Aetna value and services are well positioned for success
- Assemble and lead a team to deliver finalist presentations that support the proposal and value story
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 10 years experience selling and managing group medical, dental and insurance related products
- Have a track record of success selling all funding types, fully insured and self funded
- Demonstrate proven relationships with consultants in the AZ market that drive success
- Be able to operate with minimal oversight and be very self motivated
- Have a strong tendency to be very strategic in their thinking and motivated from a competitive standpoint
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Insurance/Life and Health Insurance License is required
Functional - Sales & Service/Fully insured products/7-10 Years
Functional - Sales & Service/Self insured/stop loss products/7-10 Years
Functional - Sales & Service/Strategy development/7-10 Years
Functional - Sales & Service/Distribution channel management/7-10 Years
Functional - Sales & Service/Complex negotiations/7-10 Years
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Outlook/7-10 Years/End User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft PowerPoint/7-10 Years/End User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Word/7-10 Years/End User
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
This role is a terrific opportunity to develop new business in the Public and Labor sector for all of Arizona. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to operate very autonomously while having all of the available resources and Aetna/Banner|Aetna at their disposal. Strategic thinking and a competitive spirit are critical to success in this role.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
59619Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25%
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.