Regional Business Development Executive (64037BR)Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix, CT-Hartford, TX-Dallas, TX-Houston Apply
Actively and strategically educates and develops strong working relationships with a set of external, credible thought leaders (Key Opinion Leaders) with State Medicaid leaders, community-based organizations, providers, trade associations, think tanks and academic institutions who exert tangible thought leadership on key state policy issues. Understands the workings of state government, participate in state government affairs strategic plan regarding state policy issues to drive Medicaid growth opportunities. Monitor and assess relevant state Medicaid developments on key emerging issues and competitive intelligence and share current events, trends, news developments that may impact Aetna Medicaid.
Identify Medicaid growth opportunities and execute market pursuit activities in collaboration with a wide array of internal and external contributors. Responsible for structuring, negotiating, and implementing a variety of transactions with clients to realize the company’s business development objectives. Identifies potential community-based organizations, companies, products, market sectors, and geographic scope for collaborations and partnering projects. Develops business case and sales approach for each potential market pursuit. Gains internal consensus with a number of departments throughout the enterprise. Oversees development of competitive analyses of companies, products, and market research in support of market pursuit activities. Identifies opportunities for expansion into new product areas. Leads finalist presentations related to either new business or growth/cross sell opportunities on designated customers.
- Responsible for structuring, negotiating, and implementing a variety of transactions with clients to realize the company’s business development objectives.
- Effectively sources, leads due diligence, and leads buy and sell activities released to business sector clients and markets.
- Identifies potential companies, products, market sectors, and geographic scope for collaborations and partnering projects.
- Develops business case and sales approach for each potential customer or partner.
- Gains internal consensus with product development, product owners and account managers, information technology, finance and legal.
- Oversees development of competitive analyses of companies, products, and market research in support of business sector products and services
- Identifies opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
- Ensures that contractual and technical bid pricing for all new business accounts meet company’s margin return requirements.
- Recruits, develops and motivates staff. Initiatives and communicates a variety of personnel actions including employment, termination, performance reviews, salary reviews, and disciplinary actions.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 10+ years’ experience selling
- Significant business development transactional experience at a senior level, leading complex negotiations to a successful conclusion.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proven presentation skills
- Executive presence
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Position may require up to 75% travel throughout the United States
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.