Quality Management NursePrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
63436Fundamental Components: - Reviews documentation and evaluates potential quality of care issues based on clinical policies and benefit determinations.
- Considers all documented system information as well as any additional records/data presented to develop a determination or recommendation.
- Data gathering requires navigation through multiple system applications.
- Staff may be required to contact the providers of record, vendors, or internal Aetna departments to obtain additional information.
- Evaluates documentation/information to determine compliance with clinical policy, regulatory and accreditation guidelines.
- Accurately applies review requirements to assure case is reviewed by a practitioner with clinical expertise for the issue at hand.
- Commands a comprehensive knowledge of complex delegation arrangements, contracts (member and provider), clinical criteria, benefit plan structure, regulatory requirements, company policy and other processes which are required to support the review of the clinical documentation/information.
- Pro-actively and consistently applies the regulatory and accreditation standards to assure that activities are reviewed and processed within guidelines.
- Condenses complex information into a clear and precise clinical picture while working independently.
- Reports audit or clinical findings to appropriate staff or others in order to ensure appropriate outcome and/or follow-up for improvement as indicated. Background Experience: Additional Job Information: Typical office working environment with productivity and quality expectations Work requires the ability to perform close inspection of hand written and computer generated documents as well as a PC monitor. Sedentary work involving periods of sitting, talking, listening. Work requires sitting for extended periods, talking on the telephone and typing on the computer. Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast paced changing environment Position requires proficiency with computer skills which includes navigating multiple systems and keyboarding Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Required Skills: General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, General Business - Maximizing Work Practices Desired Skills: Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Leadership - Driving a Culture of Compliance Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Education: Nursing - Registered Nurse Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.