Proposal WriterPrimary Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
- Determines proposalconcept by identifyingandclarifyingopportunitiesandneeds;studyingrequests for proposal (RFPs);attendingstrategymeetings.
- Meets proposaldeadline by establishingpriorities and targetdates for informationgathering,writing,review, and approval;entering and monitoringtrackingdata; coordinating requirementswithcontributors;and contributing proposal status information to reviewmeetings.
- Gathers proposalinformation by identifyingsources of information;coordinating submissions andcollections; andidentifying and communicatingrisks associatedwithproposals.
- Developsproposalby assemblinginformation including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables,implementation,methods,timetable,standardsofperformance,andevaluation;
- Writes, revises,andedits drafts includingexecutivesummaries,conclusions, and organizationcredentials.
- Preparesfinalproposalpresentationby evaluating text and graphics.
- Maintains quality results by using templates;followingproposal-writingstandards including readability,consistency,and tone; maintainingproposalsupportdatabases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewingproposalwithkeystakeholdersand subjectmatter experts.
- Improvesproposal-writingresultsby evaluating and re-designingprocesses,approach,coordination,andboilerplate;andimplementingprocessimprovementchanges.
- Updatesjobknowledge by participating in educational opportunities and maintaining personalnetworks in thedesignated field of subject expertise.
- Accomplishesorganization goalsby acceptingownership for accomplishing new anddifferentrequests;exploringopportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Must have excellent skills and competencies in the areas of: oral andwrittencommunications,teamcollaboration,technicaldocumentation, problem solving,organization,processimprovement,andstrategic planning.
- Mustbedeadlinedriven and beableto workin a fastpaced environment.
- Musthavehealth careexperience,preferablyin the Medicaid businesssegment
- Preferred experiencewiththeShipley Method
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.