Pharmacy Medical Management Program Support TechnicianPrimary Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix, TX-Houston Apply
- Perform telephonic outreach to targeted members to address medication non-adherence, perform medication reconciliation, schedule pharmacist interview, and address other aspects of medication utilization as necessary to improve member outcomes
- Engage providers and provider offices via telephonic outreach and facsimile message to educate on PMMP priorities, address member specific clinical concerns, schedule pharmacist visit / outreach, and serve as general liaison between health plan medication management program and providers office where necessary
- Collaborate with internal partners including but not limited to pharmacy directors, pharmacy operations, care management, medical management, and quality / HEDIS to educate on medication management programs and coordinate activity between PMMP representatives and cross functional teams
- Track and record interventions and outcomes in appropriate database with accuracy and timeliness
- Assist clinical pharmacists with administrative duties related to the administration of medication management programs including but not limited to scheduling meetings / training with various internal and external audiences, pre-populate pharmacist intervention forms with information found in various databases, collate material to support educational trainings
- Assist in the development of program communication materials including mailers, call scripts, and educational information targeted to internal and external audiences
- Communicate with the pharmacy benefit manager and network pharmacies where necessary to address medication management program priorities and member specific concerns
- Support the development of monthly, quarterly, and annual performance reports
- Perform basic data analytic techniques including excel manipulation and interpretation
- Assist the Pharmacy Medication Management Program with other program development, implementation, administration, and measurement priorities as opportunities arise
- Pharmacy Technician Certification required in AZ or TX
- 2 years Managed Care / PBM experience or 4 years in retail, hospital, or facility pharmacy required
- Proficiency in computerized pharmacy systems and software applications required.
- Experience with Windows-based software application including MS Access, Word, and Excel
- Strong organizational and multi-project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners.
Education: Pharmacy - Pharmacy Technician Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: N/A EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.