Medical DirectorPrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
This position can be a work at home or in office position.
Candidate must reside in Arizona and have knowledge of the local market.
- Expands Mercy Care's medical management programs to address member needs across the continuum of care.
- Supports the Medical and quality Management staff ensuring timely and consistent responses to members and providers. Oversees utilization review/quality assurance, directing case management.
- Provides clinical expertise and business direction in support of medical and quality management programs through participation in clinical team activities.
- Acts as lead business and clinical liaison to network providers and facilities to support the effective execution of medical services programs by the clinical teams.
- Responsible for predetermination reviews ad reviews of claim determinations, providing clinical, coding, and reimbursement expertise.
- Have exposure in Integrated health.
Background Experience: 2-3 years of experience in Health Care Delivery System e.g., Clinical Practice and Health Care Industry. Active and current state medical license without encumbrancesM.D. or D.O., Board Certification in a recognized specialty including post-graduate direct patient care experience. Additional Job Information: Arizona License Required
Experience in an integrated physical and behavioral health environment is desirable Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.