Medicaid Community Development ManagerPrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
The Medicaid Community Development Manager will lead initiatives to advance Aetna Medicaid’s community development strategy in support of the growth and population health objectives of Aetna Medicaid. They will serve as a liaison with external stakeholders including member and provider associations, advocacy organizations, and community-based organizations in order to implement sustainable community development programs. Also, they will manage programs and processes key to ability to operate including, but not limited to social investment, local contributions, stakeholder engagement, capacity building, program promotion and evaluation, and internal business coordination.
This role will consult with Medicaid leadership, clinical subject matter experts across the enterprise and the industry to design effective, innovative products that advance Aetna’s Medicaid programs. This position will translate Aetna’s strategy into responsive narrative that support competitive Medicaid proposals. Candidates will possess Medicaid managed expertise and have experience in designing solutions for key Medicaid programs and populations.
- address the unique risks, needs and opportunities of the local market
- Advances social investment strategy in consultation with internal leadership; ensuring accountability with organizational recipients and provide technical guidance to potential applicants on project design, sustainability effectiveness, and achievement of outcomes.
- Coordinate with Enterprise staff to provide technical expertise to external stakeholders, cultivating a self-sustaining mind-set, engaging leaders in the various capacity-building programs offered, and identifying and creating additional opportunities to diversify local economies that create long-term viability
- Consults with various internal teams and other staff to build SDoH strategies for assigned region. Collects and reports on innovative practices to share across Aetna, promoting through marketing, and elevating to national organizations.
- May participate and/or conduct focus group sessions in support of growth and SDoH strategy.
- Serve as a technical expert/manager on large, complex projects with actual or potential social impacts, participate in the site leadership team, and act as a key contributor to site strategic planning and Site Risk Register reviews to ensure community impacts are considered in various operations activities
- Communication, Special Events and Reporting – Work with internal and external communications personnel to develop stakeholder messages and materials at the operations level to share operational information in a transparent manner at the earliest possible stage, and/or garner positive visibility and increase awareness among key stakeholders and employees regarding the Company's commitment to community involvement and sustainable development
- Contribute to data collection processes for various internal and external reporting efforts
- Community/Sustainable Development, Social Work, Sociology/Social Science, Epidemiology, Business Administration/Economics, Public Relations, or other Social or Environmental Sciences
- Location: Work at home with ability to travel 60-75% of the time.
Additional Job Information: Team leadership and team building skills.Analytical and planning skills.Negotiation/influencing skills.Relationship and change management skills.Organizational skills.Time management skills.Critical thinking skills.Oral and written communication skills. Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 50 - 75% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.