Manager, Clinical Health ServicesPrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
There is a potential for 0-10% travel to other Aetna health plans.
Oversight and Management of clinical utilization management audit team processes including the organization and development of high performing teams. Manager, Clinical Health Services is responsible for leading a team of clinical auditors who will be accountable for performing clinical audits of medical records submitted in support of precertification, concurrent review and clinical appeals submitted by providers. You must have the ability to have clinical judgment, utilization review, application of product benefits, understanding of regulatory requirements for Medicaid managed care and fraud and abuse, and verification of medical necessity utilizing nationally recognized criteria.
- Reinforces clinical philosophy, programs, policies and procedures in development of audit review criteria and performance metrics for the utilization management audit team.
- direction and communicates a business case for change by focusing on and addressing key priorities to achieve business results based on audit findings.
- Identifies opportunities to implement best practice approaches and introduce innovations to better improve outcomes.
- Accountable for meeting the operational and quality objectives of the unit, including day-to-day management of audit team for the appropriate implementation and adherence with established policies and procedures
- Works closely with functional area managers to ensure consistency in clinical interventions supporting our plan sponsors.
- Develop, initiate, monitor and communicate performance expectations.
- Ongoing assessment for quality indicators and concerns
- Recruitment and hiring process for staff using clearly defined requirements in terms of education, experience, technical and performance skills.
- Assesses developmental needs and collaborates with others to identify and implement action plans that support the development of high performing teams.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to serve as a model change agent and lead change efforts.
Accountable for maintaining compliance with policies and procedures and implements them at the employee level.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret data, identify areas of improvement, and focuses on interventions to improve utilization management review outcomes.
- An active and good standing RN license is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is preferred but not required
- 1+ year of experience in a supervisory or management role for UM is required
- 3+ years’ demonstrated staff management experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of health care industry required
- Preferred industry depth in a Medicare and/or Medicaid line of business
- Strategic thinking with proven ability to communicate a vision and drive results
- Knowledge of Medicaid managed care utilization management operations and healthcare management required
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; ability to influence in executive settings required
- Ability to optimize resources using excellent judgment, and an attitude that fosters teamwork and supports organizational goals
- Strong team player and team building skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.