Lead Clinical Proposal SpecialistPrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
Standard business hours are required but flexibility is needed.
As a Clinical Proposal Specialist, you are a key member of the Medical Management Proposal team. You work with Medicaid experts to develop the core strategy for development of business opportunities for new de novo and expansion states. You convey this strategy in concise and compelling text, refined by team review. Your writing and project management skills result in a quality product: a well-written and clearly outlined strategy. You are part of a team of clinicians who share knowledge and expertise and support key business opportunities.
- Execute proposal approach strategy with guidance from medical management and business development leadership teams.
- Collaborate with assigned proposal writer on content (Executive Summary, Clinical & Operational Responses, Past Performance Descriptions, etc.) ensuring that differentiation and key win themes are effectively highlighted.
- Collaborate with the Proposal and Medical Management Leadership team to determine proposed staffing and model structure and identify the startup/implementation projections for the response.
- Monitor solicitation developments (amendments, submission of questions, answers to questions, etc.), keeping teammates updated, revising proposal outline, schedule, etc. as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain medical management proposal library, including key performance case studies
- Maintain broad knowledge of Aetna Medicaid product and program offerings, internal operations, segment imperatives, and competitor profiles.
- Provider and/or support the creation/completion of all exhibits, attachments, supplemental information to be submitted with the response
- One of the following is required: a Registered Nurse (RN), an independent clinical behavioral health clinician, or Pharm D.
- Master’s (preferred)
- 3+ years of clinical experience (Required)
- Leadership/Management Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- 2+ years of previous experience in proposal and/or business development activities required
- Strong grammatical/writing skills required
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat required
- Flexibility to work long hours on occasion, as required, for proposal activities required
- Strong relationship building skills required
- Strong problem-solving skills and recognized as being resourceful required
- Ability to negotiate and reach compromise, especially in multi-party situations required
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and excellent time management skills required
- Detail-oriented, independent and able to adjust to changing priorities
- Capacity to quickly learn details of clinical operations from internal experts
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, business operations and technical environment
- Managed care experience preferred
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.