Financial Sr Associate, Data AnalysisPrimary Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
Join a team in Financial Planning & Analysis working to creating and analyzing large quantities of data prior to presenting it to management. The right candidate will turn data into information using a creative analytical approach and a variety of reporting technologies and methods.
Position will extract and analyze financial data for a very large Medicare/Medicaid plan managed by Aetna. You will be working with a team of 4 to create query's, run reports and analyze large quantities of data for a plan that has more than $3.6bil in revenues and more than 360,000 members.
- Provide data and analysis to support the unit's mission.
- Assist with analysis of key components of financial results and address questions as needed.
- Support financial information requests from Segment financial management.
- Serve as team lead providing guidance and training to less experienced staff members.
- Analyze new reporting methods and revise unit processes as needed to provide more meaningful and timely analysis/reporting for senior management.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for the unit participating in and sometimes leading special projects and ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Streamline processes for efficiency and identify cost savings opportunities within defined scope.
- Develop trend reports to analyze volume, spending, etc. variances.
- Prepare complex ad hoc monthly reports as needed for expenses, staffing and key performance metrics.
- Communicate results to local and regional management.
Experience extracting high volumes of data using Microsoft SQL or a similar query language. Some exposure to financial concepts.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Information Management/ is desired
Finance/ is desired
Functional - Information Management/Provides analysis and support for planning and forecasting of medical costs/1-3 Years
Functional - Finance/Financial analysis/1-3 Years
General Business/Communicating for Impact/FOUNDATION
General Business/Maximizing Work Practices/ADVANCED
General Business/Turning Data into Information/ADVANCED
Finance/Delivering Profit and Performance/ADVANCED
Service/Improving constituent-focused Processes/FOUNDATION
Option for telework will be evaluated after a certain period of employment
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
56536Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.