Financial Senior Associate, Data AnalysisPrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
64228Fundamental Components: Position will track budget performance for a plan that has more than $3.6bil in revenues and more than 360,000 members. Create annual administrative budget and track financial results compared to budget. Control and process position requests. Present financial results to executive management with thoughtful explanations of results.
- Provide data and analysis to support the unit's mission.
- Assist with analysis of key components of financial results and address questions as needed.
- Support financial information requests from Segment financial management.
- Serve as team lead providing guidance and training to less experienced staff members.
- Analyze new reporting methods and revise unit processes as needed to provide more meaningful and timely analysis/reporting for senior management.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for the unit participating in and sometimes leading special projects and ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Streamline processes for efficiency and identify cost savings opportunities within defined scope.
- Develop trend reports to analyze volume, spending, etc. variances.
- Prepare complex ad hoc monthly reports as needed for expenses, staffing and key performance metrics.
- Communicate results to local and regional management.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Information Management/ is desired
Finance/ is desired
Functional - Information Management/Provides analysis and support for planning and forecasting of medical costs/1-3 Years
Functional - Finance/Financial analysis/1-3 Years
General Business/Communicating for Impact/FOUNDATION
General Business/Maximizing Work Practices/ADVANCED
General Business/Turning Data into Information/ADVANCED
Finance/Delivering Profit and Performance/ADVANCED
Service/Improving constituent-focused Processes/FOUNDATION
Option for telework will be evaluated after a certain period of employment Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.