Executive Director, Medicaid Care ManagementPrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
Provides clinical leadership for the Aetna Medicaid segment Care Management division which includes direct leadership for care management activities and strategic leadership across clinical services. This position provides leadership and direction in the execution of the standard operating model for Care Management and associated functions to create a continuum of integrated care and experience for our members. Responsible for the oversight, maintenance and compliance with NCQA accreditation standards associated with care and population management.
- Define, develop, guide and implement all assigned clinical functions for the Medicaid Modernization program.
- Lead and drive clinical strategy and performance for Medicaid populations
- Drive the strategic agenda for clinical management supporting multiple markets for the Medicaid products.
- Partner with local market lead and MD management to analyze and support the care management performance of all relevant markets.
- Effectively integrate care programs across the care continuum
- Provide strategic guidance to other market clinical teams in matrixed support functions, i.e. QM, UM
- Lead the development and improvement of Care Program processes and performance standards
- Lead, develop, motivate and manage a high performing team to meet organizational goals and objectives while effectively managing change
- Lead the development of policies, procedures, standards and training
- Create strategic and tactical approaches to medical management that support relevant and value-based network strategies within the geographic markets.
- Meet all market utilization goals in both quality of care and cost of care
- Ensure that the Care Program processes are aligned with the highest quality standards required by – Accreditation and Credentialing Organizations (for example, NCQA, etc.)
- Oversee and ensure compliance with all applicable Federal and State regulations relevant to the plans function.
- Lead a virtually integrated staff (including clinical and non-clinical members) within multiple geographic markets.
- 8-12 years of Managed experience, Medicaid highly preferred
- 6-9 years Planning, leading and organizing the resources of a team
- 6-9 years Ability to engage at all levels, including physicians, vendors, administrative leaders, clinical leaders and staff.
- 6-9 years Leading Care Management program design, execution and outcomes management
- 6-9 years Analyzing, interpreting and presenting financial utilization data
- 6-9 years Patient care or health education in variety of settings
- 6-9 years Coaching, counseling and administering corrective action
- Bachelor's Health Administration, Management, Nursing, Social Work, or other Health related field Required
- Master's Health Administration, Management, Nursing, Social Work, or Business Preferred Or equivalent education/experience
- Licensures and Certifications
- Registered Nurse - State Licensure - RN Required
- Other Lean Certification Preferred
- Other Six Sigma Black Belt Preferred
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.