Encounter Validation AnalystPrimary Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
This position supports the Medicaid Encounter processes including new plan implementations, system upgrades, and regulatory changes by plan. Creates and executes deliverables as part of a team assigned to a business.
- Candidate is responsible for the creation and submission of encounter data to State and federal entities in accordance with regulatory and contractual requirements for accuracy and timeliness
- Resolves problems in a timely and effective manner
- Uses designated systems to obtain information
- Understands the impact of actions on system primarily used/maintained
- Understands relationships of designated systems
- Analyzes and verifies system results to ensure accuracy, accountability and financial data integrity
- Possesses working knowledge of functions of other units in department
- Responds to and resolves customer inquiries and complaints (internal as well as external), both verbal and written correspondence within established unit time frames
- Analyzes and resolves system error conditions within established unit time frames
- Participates as a member of a project team
- Analyzes and recommends solutions to nonstandard requests and requirements from plan sponsors and areas within and outside the area
- Processes customer new business and other transactions and records in appropriate systems
- Uses system produced data to prepare management level reports
- Oversight for reporting on multiple plans
- Monitor, review, research, reconcile and balance designated Aetna system activity
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage tasks with competing priorities
- Familiarity with SQL along with other HIPAA transactions and code sets helpful
- 837 transaction experience helpful
- Background in claims, root cause analysis and / or health care data
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Information Management/Data acquisition, data management, programming and documentation/1-3 Years
Functional - Information Technology/Application development/1-3 Years
Functional - Information Management/Query and Database Access Tools/1-3 Years
Functional - Information Technology/Research/1-3 Years
Functional - Claims/Reporting & special services/1-3 Years
Technical - Database/SQL Server/1-3 Years/End User
Technical_Experience/Technical_Focus/1-3 Years/Power User
Technical - Aetna Applications/Aetna Encounter Processing System/1-3 Years/Power User
Technical - EDI/EDI/1-3 Years/End User
General Business/Maximizing Work Practices/ADVANCED
General Business/Turning Data into Information/ADVANCED
Leadership/Driving a Culture of Compliance/FOUNDATION
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
- Familiarity with HIPAA transaction sets, claims processing and encounters is helpful
- Should have ability to move multiple projects forward simultaneously and be responsible for the results even when others are directly accountable for the outcome.
- Ability to establish effective business relationships with internal and external constituents a must
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.