Customer Service Representative
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness, focusing on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. Our customer service and claim teams provide a human connection when it’s needed most and are essential to turning our member’s health ambitions, big and small, into achievements. Your role will include processing claims and helping members, doctors, and companies better understand our products and services. You will be an advocate for our member’s best health by helping them get the most from their benefits, building trust and always providing a clear path to care.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: No
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s minimum starting salary is $16/hr.
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Good listener
- Problem Solver
- Quick thinking
Paid Time Off & Disability
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Social Compact
Our commitment to improve wages and medical benefits.
Customer Service Representative Quotes
You really are invested in the member… you have to be their advocate.Damon H., Senior Health Concierge Customer Service Representative
I’m very excited about the common purpose [Advocate for our members’ best health by helping get them most from their benefits, building trust and always providing a clear path to care], in the first day of training all the leaders came in and explained it. As soon as they got done talking I knew this was the company for me.Emily E., Customer Service Representative
Customer Service RepresentativePrimary Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
68256Fundamental Components: - Provides professional customer service to Aetna Medicaid members.
- Researches and provides accurate information in response to member questions and inquiries.
- Timely and accurately documents each call into the data system.
- Proficient at listening and speaking.
- Has excellent writing skills. Has excellent keyboarding skills.
- Pays close attention to details and meets deadlines. Meets call center standards and performance metrics.
- Achieves or exceeds quality assurance standards.
- Has an excellent attendance record, including being punctual each work day.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviors with members and with colleagues. Background Experience: - Minimum of two years in a customer service call center environment.
- Attendance and reliability are required to be successful in this position.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve performance standards. Additional Job Information:
Ability to multi-task to accomplish workload efficiencies. Understanding of medical terminology helpful. Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and health insurance preferred. Proficient in problem solving on behalf of the member/customer. Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Analyst Chicago, Illinois
- Utilization Management Nurse Consultant King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, Bristol, Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, Roanoke, Virginia, Chantilly, Virginia, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, Hagerstown, Maryland, Rockville, Maryland, Cincinnati, Ohio, Richfield, Ohio, New Albany, Ohio, Allentown, Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Recruiter Burlington, Massachusetts, Hartford, Connecticut
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.