Customer Service Representative
At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness, focusing on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. Our customer service and claim teams provide a human connection when it’s needed most and are essential to turning our member’s health ambitions, big and small, into achievements. Your role will include processing claims and helping members, doctors, and companies better understand our products and services. You will be an advocate for our member’s best health by helping them get the most from their benefits, building trust and always providing a clear path to care.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: No
Aetna’s minimum starting salary is $16/hr.
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Good listener
- Problem Solver
- Quick thinking
Paid Time Off & Disability
Aetna’s Social Compact
Our commitment to improve wages and medical benefits.
Customer Service Representative Quotes
You really are invested in the member… you have to be their advocate.Damon H., Senior Health Concierge Customer Service Representative
I’m very excited about the common purpose [Advocate for our members’ best health by helping get them most from their benefits, building trust and always providing a clear path to care], in the first day of training all the leaders came in and explained it. As soon as they got done talking I knew this was the company for me.Emily E., Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Second Shift)Primary Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
- Provides professional customer service to Aetna Medicaid members.
- Researches and provides accurate information in response to member questions and inquiries.
- Timely and accurately documents each call into the data systems.
- Proficient at listening and speaking.
- Has excellent writing, grammar, and punctuation skills.
- Has excellent keyboarding skills.
- Pays close attention to details and meets deadlines.
- Meets call center standards and performance metrics.
- Achieves or exceeds quality assurance monitoring standards.
- Has an excellent attendance record at all times, including being punctual each work day.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviors with members and with colleagues.
- At least two years in a customer service call center environment.
- Steady employment and minimal job changes during the past five years.
- Possesses good attendance record.
- Demonstrates ability to achieve performance standards.
- Ability to multi-task to accomplish workload efficiencies.
- Understanding of medical terminology helpful.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and health insurance helpful and preferred.
- Proficiency in problem solving on behalf of the member/customer.
Aetna has been named to Fortune’s 2018 World’s Most Admired Companies list. The company was ranked No. 4 in the “Health Care: Insurance and Managed Care” category.
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.