Community Health WorkerPrimary Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
Community Health Worker (CHW) will provide outreach and education to pregnant members who are living with an Opioid Use Disorder and are not Title XIX. CHW will work as a team with the RN to engage them and link them to services.
- Conduct Home Visits. Educate providers regarding social determinants of health and how they impact the member.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with members, providers, nurse case managers and other stakeholders from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Assist in care plan implementation and member education
- Identify gaps and opportunities to strengthen systems of care
- Assist members in learning disease management , medication management and community resource identification
- Document services provided and progress made in the electronic medical record
- Travel extensively between member homes, community resource locations and case management sites.
- Bilingual/target population preferred
- 1-2 years experience providing clinical services; experience in community/outpatient setting preferred. Community Health Worker Certification or equivalent training and experience preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Experience in serving the Medicaid Populations in urban or rural environments with familiarity of local formal and informal resource networks preferred.
- Preferred skills: Mental Health First Aid, Trauma Informed Care, HIPPA, C.L.A.S. Standards, Motivational Interviewing, and specialized training in medical terminology and practices for designated health conditions.
- Meet all requirements set forth by local state i.e. first aid, CPR, TB screen, etc.
- Experience using a computer including the use of Excel and Electronic Health Records.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Miscellaneous/ is desired
Functional - Clinical / Medical/Disease management/1-3 Years
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Outlook/1-3 Years/End User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Word/1-3 Years/End User
Technical - Other///End User
Part-time Telework 2 days office based 3 days telework or community-based. Position #6203
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
This position is an opportunity to make a difference with an under-served population which lives with multiple roadblocks to their success.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.