Case Management coordinatorPrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
Utilizes critical thinking and knowledge of program requirements, network and community resources, and Medicaid benefits to facilitate appropriate physical and behavioral healthcare and social services for members. Provides care coordination, support and education for members through use of care management tools and resources.
65794Fundamental Components: Evaluation of Members:
-Through the use of care management tools and information/data review, conducts comprehensive evaluation of referred member’s needs/eligibility and recommends an approach to case resolution and/or meeting needs by evaluating member’s benefit plan and available internal and external programs/services.
-Identifies high risk factors and service needs that may impact member outcomes and care planning components with appropriate referral to clinical case management or crisis intervention as appropriate.
- Coordinates and implements assigned care plan activities and monitors care plan progress.
Enhancement of Medical Appropriateness and Quality of Care:
- Using holistic approach consults with case managers, supervisors, Medical Directors and/or other health programs to overcome barriers to meeting goals and objectives; presents cases at case conferences to obtain multidisciplinary review in order to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Identifies and escalates quality of care issues through established channels.
-Utilizes negotiation skills to secure appropriate options and services necessary to meet the member’s benefits and/or healthcare needs.
- Utilizes influencing/ motivational interviewing skills to ensure maximum member engagement and promote lifestyle/behavior changes to achieve optimum level of health.
-Provides coaching, information and support to empower the member to make ongoing independent medical and/or healthy lifestyle choices.
-Helps member actively and knowledgably participate with their provider in healthcare decision-making.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation of Care:
- Utilizes case management and quality management processes in compliance with regulatory and accreditation guidelines Background Experience: -2+ years’ Case Management experience working with people who have been designated as having a serious mental illness (SMI) required
-Experience working with people who are elderly or have a physical disability preferred
-A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required
-Critical areas to succeed- organization, collaboration and time management. Additional Job Information:
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.