Audit Specialist (Compliance Consultant)Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
- End-to-End testing, across multiple segment and enterprise functions, to support operational effectiveness and regulatory compliance for Medicaid new business implementations and strategic initiatives
- Medicaid operational sustainability reviews to ensure continuous end-to-end compliance and business optimization which will further strengthen relationships with our constituents
- Ad-hoc audit and compliance projects will also be expected
70810Fundamental Components: Primary responsibilities include:
- Participating in cross functional process walkthroughs, along with the Medicaid Operations Integrity team, to determine audit and testing scope
- Developing robust audit test plans that support the mitigation of financial and/or operational risks
- Determining the sample selection methodology for testing
- Conducting audit testing and preparing acceptable work papers by researching, compiling, and analyzing data
- Effectively communicating the results of testing by documenting complex audit findings and final report
- Conducting follow up testing to validate management’s mitigation of issues identified in initial testing
- Supporting the Operations Integrity testing project plan (critical milestones and timelines) on schedule
- Supporting moderately complex business process reviews, corrective actions and other projects involving internal and external constituents
- Assisting in the development / maintenance of Operations Integrity methodology (i.e., templates and work papers) and procedures
- Maintaining positive and productive relationships with internal and external constituents and effectively communicating and influences ethical and compliant outcomes at various levels necessary to accomplish goals
- Applying industry and audit / compliance knowledge to support and manage moderately complex matters involving Medicaid operations and regulatory requirements
- Independently collects the facts related to an issue, performs analysis and effectively prepares and communicates concise summaries on moderately complex matters
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a regulatory compliance or internal audit position, preferably in healthcare, insurance or financial services or relevant work experience in a business area.
- Medicaid Managed Care preferred.
- Possessing Project Management skills is a plus
- Ability to conduct and manage on-site and virtual audits across multiple cross functional areas.
- Document understanding of business processes
- Understand and apply audit standards and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills (i.e., written and verbal)
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Flexible working both autonomously and collaboratively with colleagues and constituents
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.