Actuarial Consultant (Credentialed)Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
67828Fundamental Components: Leadership:
- Manage personal resources efficiently to complete projects, Exhibit innovative use of resources.
-Exhibit behavior that reflects Aetna’s values and is in accordance with the Aetna Way.
Product & Business Knowledge:
Demonstrate understanding of assumptions and the process used to develop them.
- Demonstrate understanding of intradepartmental products, programs, processes and policies, research problems and issues.
Risk Analysis & Management:
- Work with supervisor to understand the nature of specific risks. Analyze data and present preliminary conclusions to supervisors.
- Provide technical support in the analysis of reserve levels.
- Provide technical support and analysis for planning, forecasting and reporting process.
- Develop creative technical solutions to a variety of problems. Demonstrate spreadsheeting proficiency and familiarity with database and web-based applications.
- Develop and implement appropriate tools and models.
- Maintain and develop enhancements to processes, tools and systems. Make suggestions to maximize efficiency.
Communication, Collaboration & Constituents:
- Respond to routine inquiries and provide support in responding to moderately complex constituent inquiries in an accurate and timely manner.
Create and maintain accurate documentation and help develop training materials for tools and processes.
- Under supervisor direction, collaborate with internal constituents.
Background Experience: Bachelor's degree along with 1+ year(s) actuarial work experience
Must have passed a minimum of 2+ actuarial exams and a desire to continue on to get credentials
Excellent communication skills
Strong technical skills
Any prior healthcare experience desired (but not required) Functional Skills: Actuarial - Financial actuarial analysis Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.