Administrative AssistantPrimary Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Additional Locations: PA-Philadelphia Apply
Provides a wide variety of general administrative support for a manager or department. Composes routine correspondence, compiles data for routine reports, file maintenance, answer telephones and coordinates calendar.
- Provides limited administrative support to multiple managers
- New hire set-up Place workstation request, order equipment, set up phone
- System administrator - Request access to various systems access, applications, etc.
- Submits electronic request for services, supplies, and equipment
- Opens, sorts, distributes, scans, organizes, prioritizes and responds to mail
- Coordinates calendars; schedules meetings, room reservations, hospitality arrangements
- Operates and maintains various office equipment
- Orders and maintains office supplies
- Organizes and maintains department files
- Coordinates land and air travel arrangements
- Process invoices
- Updates distribution lists, contact list, organization chart, etc.
- Special projects
- Organizing employee events
- Produces a variety of correspondence, reports, and presentations using the appropriate software
- May be a SARS Coordinator
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Skills, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Must be energetic and able to keep up in a fast paced environment
- Must have good judgment
- Must be able to understand office procedures and follow instruction
- Must be organized
- Ability to think fast, solve problems, and identifying solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be courteous and professional
- Must be a quick learner
- Must be team player
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Office Support/Certified Administrative Professional - International Association of Administrative Professionals is desired
Office Support/Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) is desired
Office Support/Business Office Administration is desired
Office Support/Business Vocational Certificate is desired
Functional - Information Technology/Computer operations/4-6 Years
Functional - Leadership/Lead a major change effortreorganization/4-6 Years
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Word/4-6 Years/End User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft PowerPoint/4-6 Years/End User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Outlook/4-6 Years/End User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Visio/4-6 Years/Administrator
General Business/Applying Reasoned Judgment/FOUNDATION
General Business/Communicating for Impact/ADVANCED
General Business/Maximizing Work Practices/ADVANCED
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
At Aetna, you can learn, grow and test yourself in a culture of continuous improvement - all while doing important work on behalf of others and your career. We offer more than 100 types of jobs, most with dedicated professional development and career tracks. Our salaries and benefits are market-competitive, with bonuses for high achievers. And our benefits come with lots of choices and are all aimed at helping you achieve health and financial well-being. Eligible Aetna employees can qualify for an enhanced medical benefits program that could save some families thousands of dollars.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.