Clinical Program ConsultantPrimary Location: Blue Bell, PA
Additional Locations: DC-Washington, MD-Bethesda, MD-Hagerstown, MD-Linthicum, MD-Rockville, PA-Blue Bell, PA-Cranberry, PA-Harrisburg, PA-Moon township, PA-Philadelphia, VA-Bristol, VA-Charlottesville, VA-Fairfax, VA-Richmond, VA-Roanoke Apply
Excellent opportunity for an experienced clinician who is looking for an opportunity to grow with the business and has a passion for consulting. This role will enable you to leverage your clinical, analytic and consultative skills and join our team of Clinical Program Consultants (CPC). Our CPCs offer clinical insights based on analytics and recommend solutions to our customers to help improve care management model performance. This is a collaborative position working directly with customers, account teams and consulting firms.
Clinical Program Consultants are key members of the Plan Sponsor Insights (PSI) team a business focused on providing insights and solutions based on analytics to customers in the group commercial business. The work environment supports out-of-the box thinking, creative talent and a consultative approach. Our team is highly valued by our internal partners as well as the customers we serve.
- Provide clinical consultation based on analysis and identification of key
drivers of results e.g. use data to identify clinical trends, evaluate performance results, collaborate on opportunities for improvement
- Collaborative development and presentation of clinical content and recommendations in
customer facing meetings e.g. present findings and recommended actions to help improve performance and clinical outcomes, and work collaboratively to help track and resolve issues
- Act as a clinical resource providing clinical program guidance
- Collaborate across the enterprise and with the clinical operations teams that support this customer book of business
- Stay current on, and share knowledge of, population health trends
- Registered Nurse (RN) License; Required
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience (may be a combination of different sites of care practice including: hospital, clinic, and/or community health) - required
- 3+ years strong clinical analytic skills; required
- 3+ years of consultation experience; Required
- 3+ years Leadership experience; Preferred
- Experience working with a Health Insurance Carrier; preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent consultative, communication and presentation skills - ability to take complex content and facilitate understanding for the audience including preparing and presenting effective and compelling power point slides
- Ability to establish highly collaborative relationships within and outside the organization including at the executive level
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; required
Telework Specifications: Eligible for telework opportunity if within driving distance (1 hour) from an Aetna office in PA, VA, MD and Washington DC with the expectation to come into the Aetna office as needed for team meetings, training, customer strategy sessions.
Travel up to 50% throughout the year attending customer meetings, team meetings and trainings.Required Skills: Benefits Management - Understanding Clinical Impacts, General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Consulting for Solutions, General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen, General Business - Turning Data into Information, Leadership - Collaborating for Results Desired Skills: Leadership - Anticipating and Innovating, Leadership - Driving Change Functional Skills: Clinical / Medical - Consultative informatics, Clinical / Medical - Disease management, Leadership - Act as company spokesperson to external constituents, Nursing - Case Management Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft PowerPoint, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Education: Nursing - Registered Nurse (RN) Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 25 - 50% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.