LTSS Member AdvocatePrimary Location: Overland Park, KS
Additional Locations: KS-Overland Park Apply
- Investigate and resolve access and cultural sensitivity issues identified by the health plan staff, State staff, providers, advocate organizations, and members
- Monitor the health plan’s formal and informal grievances with the grievance personnel to look at trends or major areas of concern; discuss these reports with community advocates, if requested coordinate with schools, community agencies and State agencies providing services to members
- Recommend policy and procedural changes to the health plan’s management including those needed to ensure/improve member access to care and quality of care; changes can be recommended for both internal administrative policies and provider requirements
- Function as a primary contact for member advocacy groups; work with these groups to identify and correct member access barriers
- Participate in local community organizations to acquire knowledge and insight regarding the special health care needs of members
- Analyze systems functions through meetings with staff
- Organize and provide training and educational materials for the health plan’s staff and providers to enhance their understanding of the values and practices of all cultures with which the health plan interact
- Provide input to management on how provider changes will affect member access and quality/continuity of care; develop/coordinate plans to minimize any potential problems
- Review all informing material to be distributed to members
- Assist members and authorized representatives obtain medical records
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Maintains availability/willingness to travel to various locations as frequently as necessary to meet business needs (if travel is required)Maintains availability and willingness to work the schedule necessary to meet business needs
- Works in a manner that is not disruptive to peers, supervisors and/or subordinates.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to act as a team player.
- Statistical analysis skills helpful.Ability to pay attention to detail, work in a fast paced/evolving environment.
- Capable of meeting deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet applications, database management and graphics experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite preferred Ability to successfully interact with members, medical professionals and health plan and government representatives.
- Effective telephone, oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Cultural Competency training experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years managed care or community relations experience.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.