Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Encounters Data AnalystPrimary Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Additional Locations: KS-Overland Park Apply
- Analyze Medicaid enrollment, provider and claims data, and document requirements
- Identify and document data anomalies and collaborate with cross functional teams for effective resolution
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and ensure availability to questions and clarifications from data analysts
- Performs custom analysis of integrated healthcare data, interprets results, and makes recommendations based on analytic findings to business areas
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure accurate data submission
- Liaison with regulatory agencies to maintain the organizations adherence to health plan data submission requirements
- Responsible for auditing the claims payment system and supporting the design and infrastructure of the system configuration
- Presents analytic reports to clients and stakeholders
- Defines and delivers analytical solutions in support of healthcare business initiatives that drive short and long term objectives
- Collaborates with internal and external partners in the design and execution of claims payment systems
- Identify and analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing processes
- Develop and incorporate organizational best practices into business applications
- Lead problem solving and coordination efforts between various business units
- Assist with formulating and updating departmental policies and procedures
- 3+ years Data Analyst experience (i.e. documenting business process, gathering requirements)
- Experience in healthcare industry or 1+ years of managed care encounters experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications, including Excel
- Knowledge of claims and/or encounter processing and data analysis experience preferred
- Understanding of HIPAA X12 transactions (i.e. 837, 999, 824, 277) preferred
- Knowledge of managed care information systems and experience in SQL scripting preferred
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.