Contract NegotiatorPrimary Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Additional Locations: KS-Overland Park Apply
60417Fundamental Components: - Negotiates, executes, reviews, and analyzes contracts and/or handles dispute resolution and settlement negotiations with solo, small group, or local providers.
- Manages contract performance in support of network quality, availability, and financial goals and strategies.
- Recruits providers as needed to ensure attainment of network expansion and adequacy targets.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to contribute to provider compensation and pricing development activities and recommendations, submission of contractual information, and the review and analysis of reports as part of negotiation and reimbursement modeling activities.
- Responsible for identifying and making recommendations to manage cost issues and supporting cost saving initiatives and/or settlement activities.
- Provides network development, maintenance, and refinement activities and strategies in support of cross-market network management unit.
- Assists with the design, development, management, and or implementation of strategic network configurations, including integration activities.
- May optimize interaction with assigned providers and internal business partners to manage relationships and ensure provider needs are met.
- Ensures resolution of escalated issues related, but not limited to, claims payment, contract interpretation and parameters, or accuracy of provider contract or demographic information. Background Experience: - 3-5 years of related experience
- Proven working knowledge of financial/contracting arrangements
- Proven working knowledge of competitor strategies, complex contracting options, value based contracting, and regulatory requirements is a plus
- Proven and proficient negotiating skills preferred
- Strong communication, critical thinking, problem resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Required Skills: General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen, General Business - Turning Data into Information, Leadership - Driving a Culture of Compliance, Sales - Negotiating Collaboratively, Service - Improving Constituent-Focused Processes Desired Skills: Benefits Management - Interacting with Medical Professionals, General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen, Sales - Knowing Markets, Sales - Managing Competitive Networks, Sales - Negotiating Collaboratively, Service - Providing Solutions to Constituent Needs Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.