Community Outreach CoordinatorPrimary Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Additional Locations: KS-Overland Park Apply
Responsible for generating sales leads by identifying and developing relationships with community organizations, provider groups and other senior organizations. Plans and facilitates sales seminars, both formal and informal. Plans and facilitates outreach activities, special events, and presentations which support member education and health plan awareness within the Medicaid or Medicare population. Maintains compliance with the marketing guidelines of the state laws and regulations.
- Provides lead support to assigned territory, field service representatives (sales agents) and assigned external broker agents.
- Plans and facilitates outreach activities, special events, and presentations to generate sales leads in support of the health plans sales and membership growth goals and increase awareness of the health plans presence in the community.
- Plans and facilitates outreach activities, special events, and presentations aimed at member retention and improvement in member experience.
- Responsible for event logistics including reserving space, catering, communication, distributing materials, facilities support, and other similar activities. Monitors and/or participates in the preparation and tear down for the event.
- Ensures adequate pre-sales or other collateral materials are available to participants in any sales or member seminar as appropriate.
- Manages budget, negotiates with venues as required, orders and manages inventory of promotional items for events.
- Determines type of event as defined by CMS and files events appropriately with CMS based on the Managed Care Marketing Guidelines
- Obtains sales leads (consent to contact cards, etc.) and ensures they are appropriately documented in sales management system.
- Coordinate with marketing to support proper advertisement of events (fliers, direct mail, newspaper, etc.)
- Delivers individual or group presentations to potential members.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 3-5 years experience in community development, building key contacts within the community preferred
- Minimum of three years recent and related outreach experience working with providers or members, and/or government program managed care product experience preferred
- Demonstrated presentation skills preferred.
- Grass roots marketing/lead generation experience preferred.
- Previous experience working with the Medicaid or Medicare population preferred.
- Complies with all state requirements in the state where job duties are performed.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and off-shifts as required.
- Bilingual preferred.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Sales & Service/ is desired
Community Services/ is desired
Insurance/Insurance License is desired
Marketing/ is desired
Functional - Sales & Service//1-3 Years
Functional - Communications//1-3 Years
Technical - Multimedia//4-6 Years/End User
Technical - Other//4-6 Years/End User
Technical - Desktop Tools//4-6 Years/End User
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
58823Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 50 - 75%
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.