Assistant ActuaryPrimary Location: Overland Park, KS
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, GA-Atlanta, KS-Overland Park, NE-Omaha Apply
63223Fundamental Components: Leadership - Management of Resources
- Successfully manage projects and initiatives to conclusion, Exhibit innovative use of resources.
- Exercise decision making within scope of authority.
- May have responsibility for performance management, compensation related decisions and staffing.
- Ensure access to appropriate tools, resources and training.
- Demonstrate understanding of existing data sources. Proactively seek out new data sources to support/challenge existing assumptions and recommend alternatives/improvements as necessary.
- Demonstrate understanding of interdepartmental products, programs, processes and policies; research problems and issues and suggest resolution.
- Demonstrate understanding of regulatory compliance issues.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of specific risks. Share results of analysis with management.
- Compile and analyze filing data. Prepare and submit necessary exhibits for regulatory filings.
- Analyze claim data and make recommendations for appropriate reserve levels.
- Oversee technical support and analysis for planning, forecasting and reporting process. Make recommendations to management.
- Oversee development of pricing and trend for product and/or services. Understand and communicate financial impact to management.
- Develop creative technical solutions to a variety of problems. Stay apprised of technical innovations as potential solutions for actuarial issues and concerns.
- Oversee/manage the development and implementation of tools and models.
- Prioritize changes and enhancements to processes, tools and systems. Coordinate staffing support for resource allocation.
- Oversee development and finalization of business requirements and/or specifications for processes, tools, and systems.
- Manage testing for changes to processes, tools, and systems.
- Represent actuarial /serve as project team lead on interdepartmental teams to shape process and policy. -
- Address complex inquiries. Prepare communications for internal and external constituents. Maintain accurate documentation and manage training and user support for tools and processes. Interaction with Constituents- Independently collaborate with internal and external constituents.
Must have FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) or ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries)
Prior Medicare Advantage experience is preferred
Strong Communication skills are required Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.