Medicare Part D Formulary/Operations PharmacistPrimary Location: Blue Bell, PA
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, FL-Orlando, PA-Blue Bell, PA-Pittsburgh, TX-San Antonio Apply
This position reports to the Director of Clinical Policy and Formulary Compliance. The Pharmacy Service Manager will be responsible for operationalizing the Medicare Part D strategy. This includes from formulary creation during the bid period, through implementation, administration and oversight of the formulary during the monthly maintenance of business. In addition, the Pharmacy Service Manager will be responsible for assisting with Formulary strategy including utilization management creation and maintenance.
68045Fundamental Components: Ability to think analytically to identify an issue, identify a solution with little impact to members and both internal and external teams.
--Serve as a subject matter expert for Medicare Part D rules and regulations specifically related to formulary, transition fill, and drug requirements.
-Ability to lead meetings with both internal and external partners to collaborate towards a common goal, often requiring root cause and problem solving.
-Maintain a working knowledge of new and novel drugs in the pipeline and ability to assist with creating utilization management strategies based on clinical developments.
-Ability to work in a high-paced, timeline driven environment
-Ability to understand how decisions made related to the formulary with impact claims adjudication and hence beneficiaries.
-Understanding of CMS formulary process, monthly Formulary Reference Files, Annual Bid Process, mid-year change process
-Ability to present reports, training etc. to leadership, internal and external partners at conferences etc.
-Excellent written and spoken communications
-Superior attention to detail
- Participate in market meetings to review utilization metrics and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and clinical liaison at internal committees.
- Perform other duties as required. Background Experience: - Current unrestricted pharmacist license is required
- 3+ years of pharmacy experience in a Medicare Managed Care environment required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
- General knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required
- Analytical thinking and superior attention to detail required
- Experience in Medicare Part D Clinical Operations and/or Medicare Part D Formulary preferred
- Knowledge of clinical programs, and formulary designs. preferred
- Understanding of medical and pharmacy terminology preferred
- Experience working in Matrix Organization, Project management experience, ability to complete projects independently within very tight established timeframes preferred. Required Skills: General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, General Business - Communicating for Impact, Leadership - Collaborating for Results Education: Pharmacy - Licensed Pharmacist Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.