Medical Underwriting Senior Project ManagerPrimary Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, MO-St Louis, NE-Omaha, PA-Blue Bell Apply
** Position can be located near any Aetna office. Work at Home for existing WAH employees**
Exciting opportunity to join out dynamic Underwriting Team as Sr Underwriting Project Manager. The Sr Project Manager will join the Rating Environment Team in Commercial Business Underwriting and will be accountable for the development, implementation and ongoing management of more complex projects which typically impact more than one of the following: process, system, product and/or function and may run a year in duration.
- Develops and implements strategic project plan to achieve business goals
- Proactively leads project and/or business by setting direction of project, creating project plan, timeline identifying key milestones and additional resources needed on selected project(s)
- Identifies gaps and recommends enhancements related to new and/or existing products, services and workflows based on broad view of the organization
- Solicits and evaluates internal and external customer feedback to enhance continuous quality improvement
- Responsible for managing the budget and/or financial implications of more complex projects
- Group facilitation/presentation influencing various internal (these may be cross-functional/segment) and external parties (e.g., vendor management) Identifies issues that may stall project and addresses them by either resolving the issue or creating an alternative solution
- Tracks progress and communicates project(s) status on a regular basis to all impacted parties
- Builds communication plans for implementation to ensure all impacted parties (up stream/down stream) are informed of next steps for completion
- May mentor and/or manage others
- Acts as an advocate for change may require influencing others to see the value in project, including managing interpersonal sensitivities and articulating the strategic view to ensure project alignment
- Solid Project Management and supervisory skills
- Proven ability to affect change/interpersonal skills
- Past positions required acting a project lead and directing a team
- Past experience includes development of budgets
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven track record in meeting project milestones and negotiating for resources.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience and 5-7 years of management experience related to standards & measurements, technology, systems, processes etc preferred.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.