Health Coach-WellnessPrimary Location: Omaha, NE
Additional Locations: NE-Omaha Apply
The Wellness/Health Coach utilizes a collaborative process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, to engage, educate, and promote/influence members in decisions related to achieving and maintaining optimal health status.
62470Fundamental Components: Assessment of Members:
- Through the use of clinical tools and information/data review, uses knowledge and experience of lifestyle risk behaviors to conduct comprehensive evaluation of member's health status and lifestyle risks
- Utilizes assessment techniques to determine member’s level of health literacy, technology capabilities/access, and readiness to change Enhancement of Medical Appropriateness and Quality of Care:
- By assimilating health assessment data analysis, establishes a plan of care based on member’s health status/risks, education, and support needs
- Partners with members to identify opportunities for integration into available internal/external programs - Using holistic approach consults with supervisors or others to overcome barriers with assisting members in meeting goals and objectives
- Identifies and escalates quality of care issues through established channels
- Utilizes influencing/motivational interviewing skills to ensure maximum member engagement and promote lifestyle/behavior changes to achieve optimum level of health
-Utilizing interviewing and active listening skills, provides coaching, information and support to empower the member to make ongoing independent healthy lifestyle choices.
- Interprets and utilizes clinical guidelines/criteria to positively impact members health
-Provides up-to-date healthcare information to help facilitate the member’s understanding of his/her health status -Helps member actively and knowledgably participate with their provider in healthcare decision-making Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation of Care:
-Develops and monitors established plans of care, in collaboration with the member and/or attending physician, to meet the member’s goals
-Utilizes internal policy and procedure in compliance with regulatory and accreditation guidelines Background Experience: 3+ years of coaching experience Coaching experience required
Health Coach Certification preferred
Masters degree preferred. Bachelor's Degree in health related field (e.g., Health ed, Wellness, Health Promotion)
Background in Behavioral Health preferred.
Demonstrated ability to communicate, problem solve, and work effectively with people, use good judgment in challenging situations Excellent computer skills including MS Office applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team
Experience in facilitating patient/client positive behavioral change
Experience in wellness related areas such as weight management, tobacco cessation, stress management, nutrition, physical activity or health lifestyle behavior change preferred
Background in motivational interviewing, active listening skills, Transtheoretical Model, mindfulness based and other evidence-based coaching techniques preferred.
Functional Skills: Products-Medical - Active Lifestyle Coaching Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Operating System - Windows Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.