Actuarial ConsultantPrimary Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Additional Locations: NE-Omaha Apply
develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains those programs. Competent to work on most phases of
applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Take ownership of assigned projects and/or models/tools.
- Raise issues and propose suggestions as appropriate.
- Independently designs and/or codes efficient, cost effective application program solutions (develops new and/or reuses existing code through the use of program development software and/or integrates purchased solutions).
- With limited direction, translates business requirements to technical specifications.
- Creates technical designs for a new application or enhancements, including integration of purchased solutions.
- Performs ongoing system maintenance, research, problem resolution and on- call support, according to defined plansor documentation for existing systems.
- Is fully familiar with the prescribed methodology and is in strict compliance with all required artifacts.
- Independently performs unit testing. May perform or assist with integration and system testing, according to detailed test plans to ensure high-quality systems. May assist business partners with User Acceptance Testing.
- Independently supports processes related to the implementation of systems into production, including integration of purchased solutions.
- Independently supports the Code Asset Management process. Supports and promotes the reuse of assets across theorganization.
- Independently works on multiple projects and/or SRs and actively participates as a member of each project teamsupporting an application or set of applications.
- Independently works on small and large moderately complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and disciplines, that have system wide impact and that may integrate across the organization.
- Receives some supervision and direction.
- Support maintenance and development of enhancements to processes, tools, and make suggestions to maximize efficiency.
2+ years experience in application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of Structured Query Language is a plus
Expertise in one or more programming language, and familiarity with the .NET framework.
Capable of recognizing impacts to business Desired Skills: Leadership - Anticipating and Innovating, Technology - Developing Software Solutions, Technology - Leveraging Technology Functional Skills: Actuarial - Rating system development & support Technology Experience: Development Language - Microsoft Visual Basic Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.