Clinical Liaison UMPrimary Location: Norwalk, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Norwalk, IL-Chicago, NJ-Atlantic City, PA-Philadelphia, TX-Dallas, TX-Houston Apply
63235Fundamental Components: Develop, implement, support, and promote Health Services strategies, tactics, policies, and programs that drive the delivery of quality healthcare to establish competitive business advantage for Aetna. Health Services strategies, policies, and programs are comprised of utilization management, quality management, network management and clinical coverage and policies.
Focus on improving clinical outcomes, member and provider satisfaction within Aetna’s post-acute space:
- Develop and maintain strong provider relationships
- Promote positive business relationships, both internal and external
- Serve as a technical, professional and business resource
- Analyze and report business performance data to customers and colleagues
- Develop and participate in presentations and consultations to/with existing and prospective customers and provider partners
- Provide appropriate, timely assistance/management of complex clinical issues and act as a resource for UM for difficult discharges
- Provide feedback from provider partners to enhance business processes and infrastructure to improve operational efficiency/excellence
- Participate in internal and external health industry development efforts
- Support strategic and operational direction for the delivery of performance based medical management for inpatient post- acute settings
- Consults and lends expertise to internal and external constituents in the coordination and administration of the UM/ benefit management function
- Identify opportunities to promote quality effectiveness of healthcare services and benefit utilization
- Collaborate with various constituents/departments to identify and solution service gaps in the network
- Serve as a SPOC for routine provider issues; triages and escalates issues as appropriate
- Educate providers on portals, protocols, policies, procedures and services to enhance the overall member/provider experience
- Serve as a liaison between facilities, staff and other internal constituents
- Travel is a MUST! Up to 80% travel expectation for this position
Managed care/utilization review experience preferred.
Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management required
Excellent consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with staff and vendor required
Travel Required - may include weekend travel Required Skills: Benefits Management - Interacting with Medical Professionals, Benefits Management - Maximizing Healthcare Quality, Benefits Management - Understanding Clinical Impacts Desired Skills: General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Consulting for Solutions Functional Skills: Management - Management - Health Care Delivery, Medical Management - Medical Management - Hospital, Nursing - Concurrent Review/discharge planning Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Education: Nursing - Registered Nurse (RN) Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 75 - 100% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.