RN Clinical Case ManagerPrimary Location: Norfolk, VA
Additional Locations: VA-Norfolk Apply
67290Fundamental Components: Assessment of Members:
- Through the use of clinical tools and review of member specific health information/data, conducts comprehensive assessments of referred members needs/eligibility and, in collaboration with the members care team, determines an approach to resolving member issues and/or meeting needs by evaluating the members benefit plan and available internal and external programs/services and resources.
- Applies clinical judgment to the incorporation of strategies designed to reduce risk factors and barriers and address complex clinical indicators which impact care planning and resolution of member issues.
- Using advanced clinical skills, performs crisis intervention with members experiencing behavioral health or medical crisis and refers them to the appropriate clinical and service providers for thorough assessment and treatment, as clinically indicated. Provides crisis follow up to members to help ensure they are receiving the appropriate treatment/services.
- Enhancement of Medical Appropriateness and Quality of Care
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation of Care Background Experience:
Additional Job Information: Typical office working environment with productivity and quality expectationsWork requires the ability to perform close inspection of hand written and computer generated documents as well as a PC monitor.Sedentary work involving periods of sitting, talking, listening. Work requires sitting for extended periods, talking on the telephone and typing on the computer.Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast paced changing environmentPosition requires proficiency with computer skills which includes navigating multiple systems and keyboardingEffective communication skills, both verbal and written. Required Skills: Benefits Management - Encouraging Wellness and Prevention, Benefits Management - Interacting with Medical Professionals, Benefits Management - Promoting Health Information Technology Desired Skills: Technology - Leveraging Technology Functional Skills: Medical Management - Medical Management - Managed Care/Insurance Clinical Staff, Nursing - Case Management, Nursing - Discharge Planning Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Explorer, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook Education: Nursing - Registered Nurse Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 25 - 50% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.