At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As a Data Scientist on the Analytics & Behavior Change team, you’ll build leading-edge analytics, data and technology platforms to help reimagine health care. We’ll count on you to help solve problems and deliver meaningful insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine learning and predictive modeling techniques. And we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful data scientist? Here are the traits we are looking for:
Paid Time Off & Disability
At Aetna Analytics, the team uses machine learning techniques and data visualization to derive insights from the data to guide our efforts to understand and care for our members more effectively and at a lower cost. Each team member is responsible for a new weekly insight. We have a great mix of new graduates and senior data scientists. I’m constantly blown away at the talent, creativity and drive on our team!Karen S., Senior Director - Enterprise Analytics
Working at Aetna, gives you the opportunity to use the data to make a change. A change that could save lives, could prevent fraud, a change that really matters and a chance to work with like-minded people to make a difference. A great team, helpful colleagues, intelligent co-workers make the journey to learn and innovate that much more fun.Tanvi K., Data Scientist - Clinical Analytics
Sr Data ScientistPrimary Location: New York, New York
Additional Locations: NY-New York Apply
- Participates in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools.
- Solves moderately complex analytical problems.
- Develops, validates and executes algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
- Explores, examines and interprets large volumes of data in various forms.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve moderately complex business problems. utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses.
- Develops data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Uses data visualization techniques to effectively communicate analytical results and support business decisions.
- Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the data.
- Explores existing data and recommends additional sources of data for improvements.
- Documents projects including business objectives, data gathering and processing, detailed set of results and analytical metrics.
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to present information to various audiences.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of data modeling, machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis, data engineering and data visualization.
- Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources.
- 3 years of relevant programming or analytic experience.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline.
Aetna is taking on health care fraud
Learn how Aetna is using machine learning to detect fraud, waste and abuse in the health care system.
2018 Most Admired
Aetna named one of Fortune's most admired companies
Mark Bertolini Discusses the Future of Health Care at Fortune Brainstorm Health
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.