SQL Server Database DeveloperPrimary Location: New York, NY
Additional Locations: NY-New York Apply
- Presents analytic reports to clients and stakeholders.
- Defines and delivers analytical solutions in support of healthcare business initiatives that drive short and long term objectives.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners and organizations in the design and execution of analytic studies to answer business and research questions.
- Develops, validates and executes algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools that answer applied research and business questions for internal and external clients.
- Develops and participates in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on information services, capabilities and performance results.
- Turns analysis into business/customer solutions.
- Creates business applications to deliver clinical or analytic solutions to constituents.
- Develops project plans, research study designs and timelines.
- Responsible for project commitments to quality and on-time deliverables.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple projects concurrently.
- Willingness to understand and probe into technical details.
- Contributes to a motivated work environment by working effectively to achieve common goals.
- Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the data.
- Conducts analyses that may be suitable for publication in journals and external presentations.
- Works independently to plan and conduct sophisticated analyses.
- Strong leadership experience, collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to evaluate/recommend the use of other reporting platforms to solve constituent needs: SQL Server, web development technology, big data analytics, data mining, Visual Basic.
- Strong understanding of customer’s strategies, information needs programs, processes and products.
- Strong problem solving skills and critical thinking ability.
- Strong reporting skills using Excel, Access, Word and/or PowerPoint.
- Expert knowledge of clinical risk adjustment, multivariate analyses, epidemiology or health economics research methods.
- Advanced SQL programming abilities in data warehouse or big data analytics environment, including use of statistical analysis techniques or business intelligence application development.
- Well-versed in statistical model building and concepts, decision trees and classification rules, segmentation and cluster analysis.
- Understanding of relational databases, data systems and data warehouses.
- Knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods.
- Health care analysis, health economics, epidemiology, or health services research experience.
- Ability to communicate statistical and technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
- Able to make sound decisions and recommendations to drive business solutions.
- Demonstrated extensive and diverse knowledge of health care data, metrics, systems and standards; demonstrated subject matter expert in multiple subject areas.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and project management skills.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent training
- Four years of direct work experience utilizing SQL Server to load, modify, and maintain large datasets
- 2-5 years of strong stored procedure creation
- Ability to understand and interpret requirements into database processes
- Healthcare experience is preferred
|Aetna Medicare Informatics is seeking a Senior SQL Server Developer to join our exciting team. We build internal healthcare insurance related applications that allow our business users to collaborate online to complete crucial tasks for Aetna. This position will be a great addition to our already talented team which consists of UI/UX developers, database engineers, business analysts, quality analysts and others. The position could work remotely anywhere in the US if approved.|
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.