Senior Informatics AnalystPrimary Location: New York, NY
Additional Locations: NY-New York Apply
intelligence based on advanced analyses and studies to support health care policy, benefits
and operational decision making by Aetna internal and external constituents. This involves
extracting, collecting, analyzing and interpreting health, utilization and financial data from
many sources to address business questions regarding population health management,
health and economic outcomes, quality of healthcare, healthcare program and product
design, healthcare provider network design and other business needs. These activities
require advanced technical, analytic and consultative skills, extensive knowledge of health
care data and information systems, as well as an understanding of epidemiology, health
care benefits, health care financing and health care delivery systems.
64354Fundamental Components: • Performs analyses of varied healthcare data to evaluate programs and product solutions
using healthcare medical, pharmacy, lab, survey and utilization data.
• Designs and codes efficiently using SAS/SQL programs.
• Extracts data from multiple sources and creates integrated analytic datasets and creates
reports and studies to address business and research questions.
• Develops, validates and executes algorithms and predictive models to solve business
• Executes univariate and multivariate statistical analyses and interprets results in the
context of the business problem or question.
• Conducts periodic updates of analytical routines and department production systems
• Investigates and evaluates alternative solutions to meeting business needs.
• Participates in presentations and consultations to constituents on information services,
capabilities and performance results.
• Documents methods, specifications and findings clearly; contributes to writing and
presentation of results, findings and conclusions.
• Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the
• Manages personal resources efficiently to complete assigned projects accurately and on
• Participates in the development of project plans and timelines.
• Responsible for commitments to quality and on-time deliverables.
• Motivated and is willing to understand and probe into technical details and data
• Contributes to a motivated work environment by working effectively to achieve
Background Experience: • 3+ years of relevant programming or analytic experience. Healthcare or pharmaceutical
industry experience is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of health care claims, products, and systems.
• Experience in working in a data warehouse environment as well as the ability to work
with large data sets from multiple data sources.
• Strong SQL and SAS programming skills (e.g., SAS Base, SAS STAT, SAS Macros)
• Knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods (SAS, SQL, OLAP, Business
• Experience in statistical analysis and database management.
• Understanding of relational databases, data systems and data warehouses.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Solid Understanding of complex databases and UNIX or mainframe environments.
• Deep knowledge of health care industry, policy, research design, univariate and
multivariate statistical analyses, predictive modeling, case-mix and risk adjustment
methods and tools.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills. Able to present information to
• Knowledge of other reporting platforms such as: Business Objects, Microsoft Access,
web development technology, big data analytics, data mining, Visual Basic.
Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.