Senior Data Architect - 70532BRPrimary Location: New York, NY
Additional Locations: NY-New York Apply
Join CVS Health / Aetna Digital in transforming health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and a best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna's digital strategy and all digital products; as well as the development road map and execution of the road-map. A key part of this team is to build an integrated platform and underlying products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness.
70532Fundamental Components: CVS Health/ Aetna Digital is looking for a Senior Software Data Architect who will interface with several disciplines within various business units within Aetna including UI, PM, Partners, Engineering, etc. towards the creation of a unified customer facing experience.
This role would require EXCELLENT coalition building skills, solid technical knowledge up and down the stack, great communication skills, and the ability to design restful application APIs.
Is this you?
- A highly motivated self-starter who is passionate about software and technology
- Strong communicator with ability to tailor message to audience
- Collaborates with stakeholders, including business, product, and UX team members to influence the application data-flow design and extensible product platform architecture
- Experienced with various types of software architectures including Microservice architecture
- Loves working with best of breed technologies (cloud, high throughput event processing, data analytics, etc.)
- Takes a disciplined approach to software development and problem solving
- Passionate about technology with a high technical aptitude
- Works in an Agile SDLC
- Participates in high-level estimation
- 7-10+ years of recent and related experience
- Experience with design and development of complex systems; including requirements analysis, estimation, implementation and testing
- Experience defining architecture roadmaps and realizing their vision
- Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL databases. Understands the benefits and trade-offs of both. Familiar with normalization and denormalization, sharding, and other data-centric patterns
- Experience transforming a monolithic database to multiple separately manageable databases to support the microservice model
- Experience designing RESTful APIs that map the user experience into back-end functionality
- Experience/knowledge with CI/CD
- Experience with SAFe Software Development Principles
- Experience with content management systems (AEM etc), taxonomies, tagging a plus
- A proven track record of working as part of a team on large architectural projects
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 5% of your 401(k) contributions!
- Health care (HSA/FSA/Hybrid), dental, vision benefits, PTO
- Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard. Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.