Senior Analytics ConsultantPrimary Location: New York, NY
Additional Locations: NY-New York Apply
- Consults with internal clients to identify opportunities to implement data science solutions to business problems at an intermediate level.
- Understands and recommends modeling techniques to data scientists.
- Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Ability to structure data analysis, driving analytics insights and analytical solutions to help data scientists determine the best analytical solution.
- Presents recommendations to senior staff and internal clients.
- Mentors more junior team members.
- Collaborates with business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics.
- Consults on the creation of analytics solutions that effectively weigh business and technical tradeoffs using an intermediate understanding of business strategy as well as relevant big data environment topics.
- Acts as an analytics product owner translating business needs into analytics projects and actions.
- Leads development of solutions with moderate complexity and risk.
- 3 years of business experience leading analyses and initiatives with track record of business impact.
- 2 years experience programming using R, Hadoop, or Python
- 3 years experience strategy consulting or on strategy teams in large companies
- Minimum 5 years total business experience
- Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas.
- Experience in SAS or SQL or other programming languages.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Healthcare sector experience preferred
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
- Bachelor degree in quantitative field, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Master's degree in quantitative field or MBA strongly preferred.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.