Senior Analytics ConsultantPrimary Location: New York, New York
Additional Locations: NY-New York Apply
Lookingfor opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data
in a world class Hadoop cluster, generating insights to guide consumers in
their journey to wellness and help them achieve their health ambitions, whether
it’s running the Inca Trail Marathon or playing tackle football with their
grandkids?Aetna’s Member Analytics team is focused on delivering strategically-impactful
programs and tools to help members across all life stages feel the joy of
achieving their best health, in their own way.
This position will work within a cross-functional team, delivering predictive
analytics solutions to drive customer engagement and next-best-action, and
improve customer experience across critical journeys, e.g., onboarding, breast
cancer, maternity. The candidate will be responsible for extracting and
manipulating data from multiple, large data sources and using the data to
deliver predictive model and solutions to drive member behavior change and
experience across channels (mobile app, web, email, social, call center, Apple)
- Develops and/or uses advanced algorithms and statistical predictive models and determine analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes· Uses strong programming skills to explore, analyze and interpret large volumes of data in various forms, and solve complex business problems
- Supports deployment of insights across multiple channels, i.e., web, mobile app, email, social, call center, Apple watch
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to peers, managers, and business partners
- 5 or more years of progressively complex related experience
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas.
- Expertise in using R or Python to manipulate large data sets and develop statistical models
- Expertise in data management in an Hadoop environment, including use of Hive
- Excellent problem solving skills, critical thinking and conceptual thinking abilities
- Strong ability to communicate technical concept and implications to business partners
- Some knowledge of health care industry preferred
Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.