Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
QA LeadPrimary Location: New York, New York
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, NY-New York Apply
- Manage overall QA team by providing direction to onsite and offshore QA resources.
- Follow the SAFe or Agile process for overall QA activities/processes.
- Support Project releases and scrum team deliverables from QA perspective.
- Ensure Test Plan design, test cases and test summary are being created and delivered on time.
- Effectively manage and communicate project changes Domain Delivery -Works independently under the direction of the assigned
- Independently reviews and approves the final Business Requirements, High Level Project Test Strategy, Design, Detailed Design, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Application Test Plan, Release Test Plan and Test Scripts
- Independently creates a reliable project schedule, for self and others, while identifying associated dependencies, constraints and assumptions
- Domain Delivery -Works independently under the direction of the assigned Program/Delivery Lead, while having responsibility for managing, planning, administering and executing testing activities during all phases of the project, for one or more QA projects, within an Aetna Release.
- Test activities include: test plan design, development, and execution; involvement with debugging and troubleshooting issues; impact and gap analysis; and coordination of test resources, status reporting, issue resolution, defect tracking and defect triage activities
- Build and deliver QA project status reports and metrics on test case development, test execution progress, defect tracking and schedule milestones
- Effectively manage and communicate project changes, as delivered per the
Change Control Board Manage SR work that has been aligned with Project
deliverables, utilizing the APLC and the SR P&E Workbench policies and
- Independently reviews and approves the final Business Requirements,
High Level Project Test Strategy, Design, Detailed Design, Requirement
Traceability Matrix, Application Test Plan, Release Test Plan and Test Scripts
- Proven record of managing and executing UAT activities for a large project with multiple integration points.
Background Experience: Key Requirements:
- 1-2 years of proven project management experience.
- 5-8 years of experience with software project life cycles.
- Proven track record meeting project dates.
- Strong background of using tools like Jira and conducting UAT activities.
- Directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, or an equivalent
- combination of education and work experience
- Healthcare Knowledge/certification is preferred
- Solid understanding of QES processes and methodologies, with the ability
- to share that knowledge with peers and team members and drive
- Strong time management skills.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to analyze the dependencies and gaps between projects within a
- project to achieve Testing goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, internally (within team or
- department) and externally to all business partners and constituents.
Solid understanding of QES processes and methodologies, with the ability to share that knowledge with peers and team members and drive adherence throughout the QES organization.
Financial aptitude to manage and maintain project and release budgets. Strong time management skills.
Good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Ability to analyze the dependencies and gaps between projects within a project to achieve Testing goals.
This is an office based job and the location is New York City, NY or Hartford, CT.
Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.