Proofreader (Behavior Change)Primary Location: New York, New York
Additional Locations: NY-New York Apply
58735Fundamental Components: - Edits all behavior change projects to ensure:
- Accuracy of spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax and context
- Accuracy of references and other data
- Compliance with brand/voice guidelines
- Correct usage and presentation of brand trademarks, logos and corporate branding
- Overall sense of continuity, consistency, clarity and presentation
- Proofreads design and copywriting projects, including hard copy documents, PDFs, emails, call scripts, web pages and various types of creative collateral
- Verifies correct versioning, Aetna Part Number, and checks accuracy against the original
- Ensures all client, legal and copy review edits are correctly interpreted and addressed
- Provides final sign-off on projects at final release to ensure accuracy
- Maintains strict adherence to marketing/production deadlines
- Closely collaborates with behavior change marketing leads and creative leads to resolve issues, negotiate revisions and verify information whenever necessary
- Communicates clearly and promptly with manager and Studio staff
- Accurately reviews complex materials including all graphics, texts, multimedia, etc. with excellent attention to detail
- Translates a creative brief into proofreading/copywriting that solves the clients challenges
- Is highly organized and can juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and can prioritize tasks
- Has strong written communication skills
- Is a team player with excellent relationship-building skills
- Can identify resources (internet, reference materials, etc.) to resolve queries
Background Experience: Bachelor's degree
5+ years professional proofreading experience
3 years agency/studio/publishing experience
Strong written communication skills and knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
Agile team experience preferred
Additional Job Information:
In addition to playing a role in helping shape the creative culture at Aetna, you have a chance to be on the cutting edge of marketing for the largest healthcare company in the United States! The Behavior Change Marketing organization is part of a Transformation business unit stood up after the integration of Aetna and CVS Health (now a Fortune 5 company). This organization has four small teams producing short-form copywriting content in direct mail, email, IV (call scripts), social media, SMS, and microsites. We deliver a high volume test & learn on different permutations of messaging and behavioral economic principles. There is a heavy partnership with data science, which develops predictive models to identify the Aetna members that should be getting an intervention message.
This role would be playing a proofreader/copywriter role across the four teams. If there is capacity, the teams would be happy to extend copywriting work to this individual, but the primary focus is proofreading. Aetna will provide training so this role can also ensure compliance to writing rules associated with our Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid business units.
We are looking for a creative talent who is: Curious and passionate about the people we serve and how to bring a consumer experience to life through creatively. Possess a high creative imagination, drawn to newness, open to inspiration.
Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.