Principal Analytics ConsultantPrimary Location: New York, NY
Additional Locations: NY-New York Apply
Applies experience from strategy consulting, analytics, and data engineering to successfully act as the product owner for multiple analytics initiatives. Acts as a key subject matter expert and thought leader to management staff. Directs initiatives and/or staff using established best practices.
Position is open to NYC, Wellesley MA and Hartford CT.
- Consults with internal clients to identify opportunities to implement data science solutions to business problems at an expert level.
- Acts as an analytics product owner translating business needs into analytics projects and actions. Understands and recommends modeling techniques to data scientists.
- Ability to structure data analysis, driving analytics insights and analytical solutions to help data scientists determine the best analytical solution.
- Understanding key drivers of business value and being able to translate into business opportunities and frame them as analytical problems. eg How to grow business
- Ability to translate business problems into analytical solutions by knowing appropriate models to suggest to data scientists.
- Autonomously leads the client relationship with senior business leaders as their single point of contact.
- Collaborates with business partners to understand their strategy, problems, and goals. Works with senior leaders to identify opportunities to implement analytics solutions to business problems.
- Presents recommendations to senior staff and internal clients. Seen as the face of the organization. Mentors junior team members.
- Consults on the creation of analytics solutions that effectively weigh business and technical trade offs using an expert understanding of business strategy as well as relevant big data environment topics.
- Acts as an analytics product owner translating business needs into analytics projects and actions. Resolves issues and removes barriers that hinder analytics initiatives.
- Builds contingency plans and executes corrective action on a timely basis to mitigate risks. Sets priorities and executes strategy for the analytics organization.
- Leads development of solutions with high complexity and risk with business area implications.
- 5+ years of business experience leading analyses and initiatives with track record of business impact.
- Minimum 10 years total business experience
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years experience strategy consulting or on strategy teams in large companies
- 5+ years experience programming using R, Hadoop, or Python
- Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas.
- Experience in SAS or SQL or other programming languages.Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.Healthcare sector experience preferred
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
- Bachelor degree in quantitative field, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Master's degree in quantitative field or MBA strongly preferred.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard. Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.