Principal Analytics Cons.Primary Location: New York, NY
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, MA-Wellesley, NY-New York Apply
This role will join the newly formed Clinical Products team, reporting into the VP of Clinical Products, and will be responsible for (i) understanding our clients (internal and external) needs, (ii) working with the technical team to develop a solution that addresses those needs, (iii) translating that solution into a work plan, (iv) communicating that plan to stakeholders, (v) driving the execution on that plan, and (vi) identifying future opportunities with our clients. This role will be responsible for (i)-(vi) for multiple projects. Culturally, because we are a new team, we are looking for candidates who embrace the explorer mindset of asking questions, iterating quickly, being comfortable pivoting intelligently, and moving fast.
- Oversees the business and stakeholder portions of analytics for two or more product distinct areas with multiple teams.
- Directs the resolution of highly complex and strategic business problems.
- Works with senior leaders to identify opportunities to implement analytics solutions to business problems.
- Collaborates with business partners to understand their strategy, problems, and goals.
- Plans for future years in terms of strategy and operations.
- Thinks about their vertical and how it fits across the analytics organization.
- Leads development of solutions with high complexity and risk with business area implications.
- Is interested in or already has a background in clinical analytics
- Minimum 10 years total business / post-BA experience (including graduate school)
- Extensive experience in strategy consulting or on strategy teams in large companies
- 6+ years working in or leading technical data-science oriented projects or products
- 6+ years of people management experience
- Healthcare sector experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills. Can explain technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Clinically oriented background or professional experience is a plus
Masters degree desired, PHD a plus.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
The newly formed Clinical Products data science team helps supercharge CVS-Aetna's clinical programs to improve member health and lower costs. Given CVS-Aetna's size, scope, and deep set of capacities, CVS-Aetna is an unparalleled platform to make a difference in healthcare in the US and beyond. The Clinical Products team has three main goals. First, CVS-Aetna is launching a series of clinical programs that use the resources of the combined CVS-Aetna, and our team delivers the advanced analytics to support those initiatives. Second, the team develops data-driven clinical recommendations that are delivered to members, their providers, and their caregivers. Finally, we build condition-specific models that help other parts of the company (e.g. pricing) better predict member care journeys.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
57804Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.